Hey there guys,
A few of you may have noticed a new name popping up on the forums, and in the commits on the Github lately.
I'm Stickiler, the newest member of the TDSM dev team, and I'll be more than happy enough to answer almost any question you guys have, to the best of my ability.
A couple of days ago we uploaded a new build of TDSM, b38. This build brings some exciting changes to TDSM, including a new backup manager, with automatic and manual control, and many bug fixes.
A brand new Languages system has been implemented, which we will be rolling out across the next couple of releases, it will feature the ability to translate TDSM to your own language, and even to made up languages! With this new system, we are putting the power in your hands to make the in game announcements into whatever you like. We are hoping plugin developers will also take advantage of our new Language API as well, allowing them to put their own announcements into the language file as well, meaning you can have all of TDSM, plugins included, in your own language.
We've added the ability for you to lock time at a specific point, so you no longer need to fear night when in the middle of an epic adventure or building project!
We also added a backup manager, so you won't have to do manual backups any-more. Along with this we've added a TDSM PermissionsX Plugin, so now we have support for both XML and YAML based permissions nodes.
The full list of new features and bugfixes:
- The Destroyer now spawns correctly when forced to spawn via the command.
- Wall tiles now blend correctly.
- You can now lock time at a specific point
- Backup manager: Automatic or command
- TDSM Permissions (Both YAML & XML)
- Moved chat hook earlier so that chat plug-ins can take over.
- Restrict's Npc Permission node will now work.
- The NPC Housing tool has been fixed and should now work correctly.
- Left over item animations should now be fixed.
- Added a hook for plug-ins to change where players spawn upon connection.
- Fixed a few boss messages being repeated and fixed up the SpawnNPC packet.
- Fixed an issue where new town npcs (1.1.1/1.1.2) try to continuously move in.
- Added affix's to the Give command, Via Int32 or their names.
- Plugins can now tap into the language system. There now is also no check for out of date files as it's not needed anymore.
- Fixed world sizes: Large maps are now ~20mb
- Old API: Better naming conventions.
- Fixed it so Explosions kill tiles again.
- More WorldGen configurable options.
- Property files can now contain a single one line comment before each value, to better explain that value. Default comments for each value will be added in b39.
Also, we have a bunch of exciting stuff planned for our next release, including a Task Scheduler, and a new feature to allow plugin command info in the /help command.