How to Backup your Server
I was thinking about a fully automatic backup solution for the TDSM Server. Finally I did not found anything useful for me so I coded it myself and I want to share the Idea with you.
- Download the File in the Attachment and Extract it (using 7-Zip)
- The File TDSM_backup.bat can be stored everywhere but I recommend it inside your TDSM Folder.
- Change the Path and Name to your world Files inside the Bat file and create a Folder named "Backup" inside your worlds folder.
- Put the Commander folder inside the TDSM Folder
- create an rcon Account inside TDSM with "rcon add backup backup" and verify rcon is enabled on the Server
- (optional, but remove the "map" call from the autoTelnet Textfile) Install the Map Plugin on the server and enable it
- (optional, only if map Plugin is used) Edit the Paths in the backup.txt File (inside the commander folder)
- Run the Backup bat File to verify it is working
- Set up the Windows Task scheduler to run the bat File once a day.
- (optional) Then Edit the Task and in the time schedule select to repeat the task every hour. Should look like this
- (optional) Select to run this task with "SYSTEM" Account
You are done. one backup every hour with Terraria Map and PNG Image of the MapNotes
Everything was written by myself, including the autoTelnet Tool. You may change the Bat File to fit your needs and modify the commands from the autoTelnet Tool
The Application writes everything to the Terminal and creates a File called backup.log, so cou can redirect the Output into a File or another Application. The Tool was written withhin 20 Minutes. There is no Documentation for it. If you need help with it or want Modifications, just ask. You are not allowed to use this Application Package on a commercial Server without written permission and an insanely high Payment.License and Disclaimer
If the Tools f**k up anything on your system, it is not my fault, since I did not launched them, thanks. There is no guarantee, that the Tools perform as they should.
The Tools are free to use on any non-commercial server. You are not allowed to sell/resell the tools in this Package or make any form of profit from them (except time saving when creating and restoring Backup files)